Cost of Argentina
It can cost $1,890- $2,940/ month in Argentina
South America is one of the more expensive continents to travel to. Argentina & Brazil are the more expensive. Daily costs can be as little as $20 per day but only for the real budget traveller.
Knowing how much it would cost you over a period of time is more complicated. It depends on the type of traveller you are. To give you a better idea, here is a daily budget guide to help you plan your stay in Morocco. (County data has been collated from over 30 sources)
Basic Daily budget
A daily budget includes: accommodation, food, basic entertainment and general small daily expenses like museum entry, metro, water etc.
- Low Basic daily Budget: $20 – $55 per day *
- Medium Basic daily Budget: $47-56 per day *
- High Basic daily Budget: $60 – $150 per day *
* Note: A daily budget does NOT include: organised tours, activities such as diving, travel from city to city or internal flights.
A rough guide to the total budget travellers generally spend is difficult to quote as only budget travellers tend to track and publish their spend. However, of those that have published their spend, the average daily total equivalent spent was:
- Low daily total equivalent: $63 per day **
- Medium daily total equivalent: $64 – 97 per day **
- High daily total equivalent: $100-150 per day **
** Everything except flights.
To see some examples browse real traveller’s breakdowns:
- One Giant Step – Average daily budget $35/day & Average daily total $63/day spent over 15 days visiting Mendoza > Buenos Aires > Iguazu Falls
- Sarah – Average daily budget $48/day & Average daily total $98/day spent over 40 days – visiting Buenos Aires > Pategonia, El Chalten > Cordoba > Salta > Buenos Aires (download spreadsheet) > RTWme Argentina 40days
How could this apply to your trip?
If you were planning to go for longer, here are the 2 travellers budgets multiplied by 30 & 60 days.
|One Giant step||$35||$63||30||$1,050||$1,890|
|One Giant step||$35||$63||60||$2,100||$3,780|
|One Giant step||£22||£39||30||£650||£1,170|
|One Giant step||£22||£39||60||£1,300||£2,341|
Note these budget examples do not include flights & show budget for the traveller quoted.
Tell us your costs
If you’ve travelled here & you’ve got a log of your costs, please comment below with your
- Basic Daily budget (accommodation, food, basic entertainment and general small daily expenses like museum entry, metro, water etc.)
- Daily total (everything except flights)
- A list of places you visited & how many days you were travelling here
- $ USD or state your currency